Promise Yourself Each Day
(The first ten are taken from the Optimist's Creed the last two are my own)
- Be so strong that nothing disturbs your peace of mind.
This year remember that you and only you are responsible for thoughts you choose to think. It is impossible cannot think both a disturbing thought and a good thought at the same time.
- Talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
Spread a little cheer and leave the world a better place by keeping your conversations upbeat and positive no matter who you meet.
- Make all your friends feel there is something in them that is worthwhile and true.
Find one thing you absolutely love about each one of your friends and make sure this year you let them know.
- Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
You are the only one to determine whether the glass is half full or half empty; make your life a full one, so when you look back your memories are filled with joy!
- Think only the best, work for the best and expect only the best.
Keep your thoughts squarely positioned on the high road thinking only good thoughts of yourself and others!
- Be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
Learn to praise others for what they do to bring more joy in our world!
- Forget about the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements of the future.
Stay focused on where you want to go, not where you've been!
- Wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
Give yourself a quick energy boost and show your pearly whites!
- Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
Do what you can today to make your life a little bit better!
- Be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
Happiness is a choice only you can choose to make!
- Be grateful for everything that comes your way no matter how challenging things may seem.
Being thankful for the little things leads to bigger and better unexpected outcomes!
- Live each day as if it were your last enjoying the very best of what life offers you.
This moment is the only moment you haveŚlive it fully now!