Southeast Louisiana Storytelling Guild
Angela Davis, President|
Kalpana Saxena, Vice President
Rosalyn Bryan, Treasurer
Vee Duensing, Secretary
- To perpetuate, preserve, and promote the art of storytelling
- To work with other arts organizations to
promote and elevate the art of storytelling.
- To unify the SELA's storytelling community and insure the continuation of storytelling
as a vital and vibrant art form.
- To inspire storytelling in our community, especially among youth.
- To integrate the ancient art of storytelling with the future's technological innovations
via the Internet and the worldwide web.
This Mission is accomplished through the following activities:
- Establish an organization named the South East Louisiana Storytelling Guild.
- Hold regular meetings, publish a newsletter and hosts workshops, community service
programs and retreats.
- Prove new and experienced storytellers with an opportunity for networking, professional
development and career assistance.
- Present storytelling-in-education programs for our schools.
- Host a multi-teller concert during National Storytelling Week for local schools.
- Secure a presence on the Internet to promote storytelling and present the talents of our
membership to the world
- Keep abreast of the latest information on the art of storytelling
- Share stories, receive coaching attend workshops.
- Receive 10% off of books at Maple Street Bookstore, the official bookstore for
- Have your on web page within the South East Storytelling
Guild's web site.
Join SELA Storytelling Guild
and stir up a gumbo of stories!
Contact Angela Davis at
504-400-5625 for more information or write to SELA Guild,
at P. O. Box 7237, NOLA 70186-7237
The annual membership dues are $15 made
payable to SELA Guild. Please include the following information:
Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Day& Evening Phone, E-mail and
Make checks or money order for $15.00 payable to SELA Storytelling Guild and
mail to SELA Storytelling Guild, P. O. Box 7237, NOLA 70186-7237
The SELA Webpage and Newsletter is
underwritten by Angela Davis the Yarnspinner